26 October 2007

Taking a break from Saint-Aignan

As far as I know, I won't have access to a high-speed Internet connection while I'm in North Carolina, so I probably won't be posting much. If I do post, I plan to put topics about my American trip in a blog I started last year when I was over there.

So if there's nothing new here, check my U.S. East Coast blog.

* * * *

P.S. I finished tilling up the garden this morning. That was the big thing I wanted to get done before I left for the U.S. It will likely be too cold and rainy in late November, when I get back, to finish the job if I left it unfinished.

The gardener's best friend, the rototiller

Callie loves to chase and bark at the rototiller.
Here, she's just waiting for it to move again.

Now the garden will be ready to plant, after another tilling, in spring. Let's just hope we have a normal spring and summer next year, rather than this past season's hot April and chilly, damp summer months.

5 comments:

  1. Ken, I have just tried to leave a comment on the US East Coast blog but it doesn't accept 'anonymous'! Just wanted to wish you a great trip, especially with your family. Also to thank you for telling us about your new Panasonic Lumix camera. I bought one the next day and have had a great time using it! I wonder how many other people did the same!! There's nothing like a personal recommendation! It is twice as good as my old Casio! Bon voyage, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know about the comment settings, Angela. I've changed them so "anonymous" comments are now allowed. Hope you continue to enjoy the camera. Ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. have a good trip.....I was just in the Atlanta airport (for many hours of course) 2 days ago......they were finally getting some much needed rain.....went back to New Orleans for my 40th high school reunion.....ate myself silly.....and the city's coming back slowly....LA just elected a hindu/catholic/Indian guy as gov.....things r looking up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is starting to look like Villandry! Have a great trip to the U.S.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?