30 May 2012

Self portrait + Montrichard last week

Here's a picture of Walt taking a so-called "self portrait" on the plane going from Paris to Boston three weeks ago. The 747 we were on had so few people on it that we took separate rows, with me sitting behind Walt. He must have seen this picture among the ones he took, but he hasn't mentioned it. Am I not a card?

* * * *
Here's a picture of Sue (from the Melbourne area in Australia) and Susan (from Preuilly-sur-Claise in the Sud-Touraine) at lunch in Montrichard last week. We had great weather and a very pleasant afternoon with — besides Sue and Susan — Leon, Simon, Kathy, and John.

* * * *
And then here are three other pictures from Montrichard. First, some old half-timbered houses that were painted in bright colors a few years ago, with the church tower looming over them.

And finally, here's a place called Le Clos Saint-Joseph, on the riverfront just east of the bridge in Montrichard. I haven't been able to find out where it is just a private residence, or whether it is run as a hotel or B&B/chambres d'hôtes.Maybe somebody will tell me.

The sculpted woman was certainly enjoying that day's bright sunshine and warmth. She must be working on her tan. You can see her in the second picture as well, sitting next to what looks like an old chapel that has been converted into living quarters.

11 comments:

  1. A great collection of images. But separate rows? no canoodling on the plane? The honeymoon is over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the photo of Sue and Susan, it's nice to put faces to names. I googled Le Clos Saint-Joseph but didn't come up with anything. I remember when you posted a picture of three or four of those half timbered houses in various colors. I'm not sure I like the bright colors but I wouldn't say no if one were given to me!

    Thanks for the info on your new camera. Mine is the same as your old one and I've been thinking about upgrading too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thought that it was Walt who likes to goof around LOL !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this for the Clos St Joseph

    http://www.chambres-d-hotes-le-clos-41.sitew.com/#Presentation.A

    ReplyDelete
  5. N., I saw that page for a place called Clos St-Joseph, but it's in Vallières-les-Grandes, not in Montrichard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I realized that only after I had posted by going on Google Sat ( it is in the campagne)- sorry my mistake .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mitchell, that was on the way TO Boston, so... pre-marriage. Of course, there has been no "canoodling" during the past 30 years together, since they were not "officially" married ;) heh heh :)

    Ken, yes, apparently you are a card :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Le Clos Saint-Joseph appears to be a real estate office, n’est-ce pas?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Starman, what makes you say that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. no one said, 'yes, you are a card....and you need to be dealt with!'

    ha! ok well there you go. i did it.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha ha, OhioFarmGirl. Thanks for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?