26 May 2012

An international dinner

We were invited out last night and didn't get home until about 2 a.m. The bread lady woke me up at 8:30 this morning as she tooted her horn out on the road to announce her arrival. I had to quickly throw on some clothes before I stumbled down two flights of stairs to get the day's baguette.

Sue and Walt having an aperitif at the table before dinner.
I'm not sure why Sue is holding two glasses...


Leon and Sue from Melbourne (Australia) have been staying with friends of theirs over across the river from our village, and those friends invited us to dinner. There were eight of us — two Australians, two Americans, an English couple, and a French couple. Sue cooked. It was delicious and a lot of fun.

That's Leon in the middle, with one of our English hosts
and their French neighbor.


Now we're getting a late start on our Saturday. We had plans to do a lot of running around this morning, but I don't know if we'll have the energy. But we will have a very nice memory of the evening we spent, sitting outside until the wee hours, enjoying the fine weather and the fine food. I'm just putting a couple of pictures here to give you an idea.

Look at this nice chocolate dessert, served in a tea cup.
I'm not sure who deserves the credit for cooking it.


I'm sorry I don't have better pictures, and more of them. If I could display my memories on the screen, I would. I should have thought to take a video.

7 comments:

  1. We enjoyed our evening with you and hope that we can meet again soon.

    Regards,

    Carol & Mikee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol and Mikee, we really enjoyed the evening too. Sorry if I faded at the end. Too much prune and too much fatigue after all our travels and time zone changes. We'll be in touch. Hello to Annick and Gérard too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tea cup dessert looks interesting! What a wonderful evening you had with friends.

    Mary in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that chocolate dessert looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Starman - that Choc desert is fantastic coz it was made by my wife. she does good stuff. How lucky am I?
    Leon

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were sorry not to get a chance to sample Sue's cooking but it was great to meet both Sue and Leon a couple of days earlier. Diane

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?