14 September 2019

Saint-Aignan panoramas

I've been looking back at some photos I've taken over the years in Saint-Aignan. Here are two of them that show the little town's "skyline." We live about 2.3 kilometers, less than 1½ miles from the château.


In the photo above, in which you can see the Romanesque church, the Renaissance château, and the ruined medieval tower of the original château-fort, as well as the houses along the river below.


The photo above, which I've turned into a sepia-toned image, shows a closer view of the church and château in Saint-Aignan. As always, you can enlarge these views by clicking on them with your mouse or, if you're using a tablet, "unpinching" them.

9 comments:

  1. Did you use a fisheye lens in the first photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I've never had such a lens. It's a stitched-together image. The other one is too. If you look carefully you can find the stitch in that one.

      Delete
    2. Because of your question, I went back and found not only the original photos that I stitched together to make that composite panorama, but a better copy of the panorama itself. I've replaced the one I posted earlier with the better one.

      Delete
  2. Stitch easier to find in #2 than #1. Clicked to enlarge...what a beautiful skyline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have done a better job on the sepia image. Maybe I'll go back and do it now. The first picture is one I took on March 18, 2004. We hadn't even been here a year yet.

      Delete
  3. Any idea what are those white spots of different shapes in the chateau's roof in the sepia photo? Could it be sun reflection of some sort?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sun reflections I think. It was in March, so could it have been patches of snow?

      Delete
  4. These photos bring back great memories :)
    Your stuffed tomatoes looked fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just ate half a tuna-stuffed tomato for supper. Yum.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?