28 January 2022

Luynes : the castle and its courtyard

The Cadogan guidebook for the Loire Valley says of the Château de Luynes that inside its gray medieval exterior it contains a 'surprisingly sophisticated courtyard" — its elegance is such a contrast to "the stern exteriors" of the medieval fortress.

    


I wish I could take credit for the photo just above, but I can't. I found it on this web site.
(The other four photos in this post are mine.)

     There's a lot more information, with many photos, on the Monumentum page about the Château de Luynes.

9 comments:

  1. I remember very well le logis Renaissance and the people waiting for a tour of the intérior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. CHM and I didn't go inside the château because it was a guided tour. Maybe next time.

      Delete
  3. So many beautiful places you have visited and shared with us that I have never heard of before. My list is getting very long...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I still have a long list of places and things I want to see.

      Delete
  4. Hey Ken - trouble commenting earlier. They disappear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happens to me some days. I don't know why. Just now, I tried to write this comment but the comment box wouldn't let me type anything. I had to close the browser and restart it. Now it seems to be working.

      Delete
    2. I had been thinking after I write a response and then it is not there when I go back that it was my fault: I figured I had forgotten to click on "publish". This makes me feel a little better - maybe it wasn't my error after all!

      Delete
    3. I've had that thought so many times, Mary. How could I be so absent-minded and not click on Publish. Finally, I think it's Blogger's bugs, not my silliness.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?