11 April 2020

Splashes of white

The bright sunny weather we've been having has made splashes of white appear very vivid around the vineyard.
They say white is the absence of color, but it's hard to agree with that assertion right now.


Above is a soft pile of fluff from, I think, a poplar tree.
I saw several patches of it on the edge of a parcel of grapevines.
This was the best photo I got.


In the middle of the patches of white poplar fluff I noticed this feather.
I wonder what bird left it there.

9 comments:

  1. White can make a dramatic contrast with everything around it....You have different birds in Europe. Could it come from a magpie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The feather could come from a magpie. We've been seeing magpies in our back yard and around the vineyard lately.

      Delete
  2. Wow! That first photo is sometging else. Sonny?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days, only Sony. I'll use my Lumix camera when I need a long zoom (30x). The Sony is great.

      Delete
    2. Hi chm, we've been missing you!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful photo. Hope you don’t mind I’ve used it as my desktop wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I don't mind. Thanks for your nice comment.

      Delete
  4. My, my, my those are such crisp photos! I love the contrast of colors and textures, too.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?