22 October 2017

Ships in port or out at sea

Water, bridges, boats, and ships. That's life here. Morehead City is a small town with a small port, but it's one of the deepest ports on the U.S. east coast, according to information I've found.

This ship was in port yesterday. The bulbous blue water tower stands on land, not on the ship.

The boat above, the Capt. Stacy IV, is what is called a "party boat" — fishing parties on day trips make up most of its passengers, who were impressive in number this afternoon.

This green ship was in port today. There's that water tower again.

This very small fishing boat was cruising along not far off the beach this afternoon.


This ship has been offshore for a few days now, and I'm not sure why. Yesterday I thought it might be waiting for high tide to come into port through Beaufort Inlet. But it was still out there today.

Notice how beautiful our weather is. Tomorrow will be my last full day in North Carolina. On Monday I'll be on the road and then in the air, flying back to France.

7 comments:

  1. the PACC ship is a General Cargo Ship ... I think they wait for their turn to go in to unload cargo ..rather than getting in line somewhere etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked seeing a red ship and a green ship in port over the past couple of days.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you've had good weather, the sky looks beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has been beautiful weather, with warm temps and low humidity. Almost no wind. Perfect.

      Delete
  3. Low humidity makes me happy :)
    Yes, it is a very colorful photo, if you start looking at all the colors .. sky, water, ships, lovely~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a good stay, with lovely weather. (Except, of course, for the 30 hour stretch with no water and the flat tire fiasco.... passons....)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That green ship looks as if the on-deck cargo might be blades for a wind turbine. Or not.
    I read about your car adventures and the switch to the keyless hybrid. Wondering how you liked it. I've had one for a while now, and the seats are very comfortable for a long trip, plus low gas use.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?