22 August 2022

Images from on high

No, I didn't take these photos in North Carolina. I took them over the western United States as I was flying from California eastward to North Carolina. I have always enjoyed taking photos out the window of a plane. It passes the time as I fly. Conditions have to be right. You need a window seat, of course, and you need good weather. I had both of those and a camera in 2002 when I took these photos (and many more).

    


    

Meanwhile, yesterday Walt and I stacked about a cord (3 or 4 cubic meters or stères) of oak logs that was delivered a few days ago. We thought stacking it was going to take a lot longer than it did. Actually, Walt did most of the work, and I contributed only in a small way. It's good that the wood is stacked and protected from the elements, because it's raining this morning. At this point, we are ready for winter. We have a cord of firewood stacked and ready to burn, and last week we took delivery of two thousand liters (528 U.S. gallons) of fuel oil into our underground tank.

5 comments:

  1. You two are all set!
    These photos are great, especially considering that you took them from your window seat in the plane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots!
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed that the US dollar is worth more than one euro today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I have been following the $/Euro evaluation for some time. A great time (if only it worked for me) to travel in France as my money is worth a lot more than the last time I traveled when it was in the 1.30 range! Those views are fantastic - what a clear day for air travel and photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. At one point about 16 or 17 years ago the euro was worth nearly $1.60 US. Now it's worth $0.99.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?