18 July 2022

Saint-Aignan in summer (8)



Above, the church in Saint-Aignan on a June day a few years ago.
Below, as it looked reflected in the calm waters of the Cher river that same day.



MétéoFrance says says our high temperature in Saint-Aignan today will be 39C (102F), and Accuweather agrees. MétéoCiel says 41C (107F). Qui dit mieux ? If it's 39, that would be 13 degrees Celsius above the average for the date. That's something like 23 or even 25 above average in Fahrenheit degrees.

The good news is that the temperature tomorrow is supposed to be below 100F. And the really good news is that the high on Wednesday will only be about 29C — about 85F. We'll need to get our winter clothes out again.

9 comments:

  1. With the temps going "that low" is it time to turn on the heaters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The radiators are on a thermostat. They come on at 18.5C — about 65F.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my, that reflection photo is nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wrote, "The good news is that the temperature tomorrow is supposed to be below 100F. "

    It hit 117 degrees yesterday in Portugal. We in the Boston area are expecting our first heat wave of the year this week with temperatures above 90 degrees. It's much worse in Texas and the Southwest. Pakistan has been having temps around 120.

    Stay as cool as you can (I don't believe you have AC).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, no AC here. Right now, it's about 80F in the living room, and 92 in the loft over our heads. Today is supposed to be our worst day. Hope you and Norma are doing well.

      Delete
    2. On the front deck, it's about 99F in the shade.

      Delete
  4. I think I would 'camp out' in your living room! I think you or Walt said you have fans. Fans and breezes or wind is all that I have to save me when the temperatures reach those scorching numbers (90 - 100+). I just read some of the france méteo warnings and I'm sure you are too: keep hydrated, get into a/c buildings for 2-3 hours a day if you can, etc... With my cat in his fur coat; that last suggestion just doesn't sit right with me, because I can't take him with me, so I prefer to stay home and keep up both as cool as possible. What a shame to read that your front deck is 99 in the shade (UGH.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo of the reflection (fuzzy) in the river!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?