17 July 2022

Saint-Aignan in summer (7)

You might have noticed that I've returned to "one photo a day" blogging. It's my way of taking a summer vacation, I guess. These photos of Saint-Aignan date back to the first days of our lives here — 2003, when we arrived and moved in, and 2006, when we had one of our busiest years, with many visitors as well as a five-week trip to the U.S. in autumn. How things change, right?

By the way, I'll be getting my fourth dose of the Covid19 vaccine on Tuesday morning. Just when we thought the maladie was about to become a thing of the past, we're being warned that the current strain is spreading rapidly. It's important to be fully vaccinated, including the second booster shot, not so much to avoid catching Covid, but to make sure you don't end up in the hospital with severe symptoms.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo. I wish I could come to see it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Joanna. Maybe it will happen next year.

      Delete
  2. i got moderna for everything and had bad reactions to the second shot and the second booster...next time I may try pfizer....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt that I'll have a choice. I'll have to take whatever they have in stock. Probably moderna, which is what I had six months ago for the first booster. I don't remember having any bad reaction to it.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you're able to get you 2nd booster. It sounds like they're talking about a newly formulated vaccine for fighting against the latest Omicron strain that's spreading so quickly, maybe ready in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m finishing my Covid Rx’s now but still feeling very crappy. Had all the vaccines and boosters and still got it. Let it end!

    Thanks for the information about the hotel renovations. I enjoyed my stay there and recommend it.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, BettyAnn, that you are still not feeling better.

      Delete
  5. We are having another wave here (LA) and are almost certainly going back to masks. Restaurants have started emptying out again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be our hottest days yet. I'm bracing for it. Yesterday the temperature was not so high (low 90sF) but the sun was very intense when I took Tasha out for her walk at five o'clock. Sorry to hear about the masks and the emptying out of restaurants there.

      Delete
  6. Glad you can get your second booster now. Checking my documentation photo on my phone, I got mine the first week in May. As Judith said above, I will follow with the new booster (no problems with all 4 Moderna for me) when it is available sometime this fall. My masking when I am out in stores seems to be the 'odd-man (woman!) out' as I rarely see others sporting their masks. We have been told the new virus is everywhere here and to mask up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not many people are wearing masks here. I have to admit I haven't been wearing one when I go grocery shopping or to the pharmacy. I hope I don't have a strong reaction to the vaccine this time, but I'm prepared to take it easy for a few days. Like most days, in fact.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?