25 February 2021

Pélicans

Too many pelican pictures. Pelicans are pélicans in French.
These particular ones seem to turn their back when you get too close to them.







The pelicans I'm used to seeing when I go to North Carolina are brown pelicans, like these:

Meanwhile, I'm busy changing passwords on my e-mail addresses because three good friends (CHM, Nick, and Harriett) wrote to me yesterday to say they had received suspicious e-mails supposedly from me. Those messages are spam. I hope changing my passwords will put an end to the piratage.

9 comments:

  1. In the Salton Sea area we had both white and brown pelicans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool to see these pelicans :)
    I hope the password changing takes care of things for you. Darn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful birds! We had some white pelicans on the pond behind our house last month. I hope your email problem is solved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is too, but I'll have to wait to see what happens next.

      Delete
  4. In my opinion, these scams involve two steps. First step is to pirate an email account to get a list of names and coresponding email adreses. The second step is to create a bogus account with the name of the pirated person. Then, send emails to every person on the list and try to hook them to send money. In France it involves recharging some kind of (credit?) card. It is always the same thing.
    Twice this month, I have gotten email to that effect from people masquerading as friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly enough, with this kind of scam, the ones at risk are those whose names and email adresses have been pirated because if they're not cautious they may lose some money. The owner of the pirated account is no longer usefull!

      Delete
    2. I seem to have problems with the spelling of addresses!

      Delete
    3. Yes, but it's the person whose e-mail account has been hacked who has to scramble and then waste hours trying to find out what has happened, change and test new passwords, and try not to make the problem worse. The recipient of a pirate's message just has to delete it.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?