09 August 2020

The state of the grapes

The red wine grapes are turning red. Or purple, I guess, would be more accurate.
Some of the leaves on the vines are taking on autumnal colors. I took these photos three days ago.






The extreme heat continues. The house is hotter this morning than it was yesterday at the same hour. And there is no air moving outdoors. Yesterday there was a slight breeze. We actually had a couple of light rain showers yesterday morning. The result was that the humidity level went up, raising the discomfort level.

12 comments:

  1. Superbes photos. Sony? Lumix?t

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked those colors too, both in real life and in the photo. I guess the grapes like the heat more than we do — even though today the heat inside the house is bearable.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful colors. It’s hard to believe it’s almost grape harvesting time again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another year, another harvest. So much wine, so little time...

      Delete
  4. Great colors in those photos, Ken.
    I feel for you in this heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hasn't been so humid, so sleeping has been fairly comfortable. That's the main thing that's made this tolerable. It's a little cooler inside and outside this morning compared to yesterday morning.

      Delete
  5. The gnarled vine in the last photo is beautiful. I wonder how old it is? 30 or 40 years? Hope things cool down for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it's older than that. We've been here nearly 20 years, and that vineyard plot was mature when we got here. Once the vineyard owner told me that the vines right outside our back gate were about 100 years old, and that was more than 15 years ago. Recently I was told that those vines are scheduled to be ripped out next year and new vines planted on that parcel.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?