23 January 2012

Dim light photos

If I steady my camera on a support post out in the vineyard, I can actually get a fairly clear image even at dawn — that means about 8:30 a.m. And on a Sunday, that's before the hunters show up. Here's an example.

The vineyard on January 22 — the vines
have been pruned, leaving just one cane

That doesn't mean that there are a lot of interesting things to take pictures of. But at least the photos aren't too blurred. Reminds me of the restaurant that has mediocre food but big portions. Sometimes the top of the support post isn't level, so I end up with pictures like this one:

The grain silo and water tower in the distance are on
the other side of the Cher River from our house.


Here comes another gray morning. Isn't that a line from an old song?

7 comments:

  1. Didn't realize that the grain silo is so close to you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8:30 a.m. is dawn?!? I know you've talked about the sun not coming up fully until then, but somehow actually saying that dawn is not until then is shocking to me :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's from Another Grey Morning by James Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, sunrise today was at 8:29. I'm not sure how dawn is defined. But it's still dark at 8:00 a.m. on cloudy mornings. Hell, it's still dark at 9:00 a.m. on cloudy mornings.

    TB, the grain silo is probably 2 km from us, on the other side of the river.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm commenting on a very old post to see how much of my info comes up. I miss commenting!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss commenting, so I'm trying a comment on an older post to see how it goes.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carolyn, don't know if you are seeing this. And I don't understand why I had to publish your comments -- in other words, why "comment moderation" was turned on. As a general rule, it is not. No matter. All I see is your name, Carolyn, and no other information about you. So, good, no?

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?