02 May 2023

The first May

Yesterday I posted about starting to cross the North American continent from the west coast to the east coast in May 2003. We were migrating, or emigrating, but we didn't yet have our French long-stay visas. Those were soon granted by the French consulate in San Francisco, where we had been living and where we had applied for them. We arrived in France in June to take possession of the house we had bought here, and our container-load of furniture and other belongings arrived in July.


I've been looking back at photos I took in May between 2004 and 2010. A lot of them are close-ups of flowers. However, here are some I re-discovered this morning. They are photos of a château called La Bourdaisière, which is a tomato conservatory. It's located near Tours and not far from Chenonceaux and Amboise. I can't believe I've never really posted about it before. I wasn't yet blogging in 2004, so that must be why. Here are four of my May 2004 pictures. More tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Gosh- those poppies are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great looking chateau - more of a manageable size than some of those huge guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely chateau. Thanks for posting.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow and wow: les poppies,v les chateaux and I am anxious to hear more about a tomato conservatory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We stayed at the chateau de la Bourdaisiere more than twenty years ago, when it was still a bit dilapidated.. Our rooms were in the tower over the stables and the plumbing was so antique I kept looking for Gabrielle d.Estrees herself. Clearly they have poured a ton of money into renovating the chateau and the grounds, and I’m glad to see it doing so well. Montlouis is a charming quiet town, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops. Typo! I meant overlooking the stables, not in them!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?