24 May 2023

Flowers and yard work


We made good progress out in the back yard yesterday. Walt mowed, and the yard looks really good. I cleaned out flower pots that we want to save. I also salvaged an old mini-serre ("cold frame") that was collecting snails and weeds. We used to have two such cold frames but over the years different parts of the plastic structures have broken. So we now have one working unit and a bunch of useable spare parts. I'm going to try to grow collard greens and kale under the working cold frame out in the vegetable garden. Maybe I can protect the plants long enough to give them a chance to resist the inevitable onslaught of slugs, snails, and caterpillars.

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous display of flowers, Ken :)
    Congrats on getting so much accomplished in the yard… that’s got to be a good feeling.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers. Fingers crossed for your kale and collard greens.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother avoided slugs on her vegetables/flowers by putting a small bowl between the plants filled with beer. They love it and go there instead. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?