31 July 2021

Saint-Aignan pictures

Since yesterday's post was about our restaurant lunch in Saint-Aignan all those years ago,
I thought I might as well post some other photos I took in town that same day.
The château, the church, a café, a view from the main street, and an old storefront.

     2

     4


I realized yesterday that I could stitch together my three photos of the interior
of the Crêpiot restaurant to make a kind of panoramic view.

     6

     8

Have I mentioned how chilly it's been for the last few weeks? We've had to put blankets back on the bed and to start wearing jackets when we go out for walks with the dog, especially in the morning. Yesterday the weather forecaster on Télématin said that right now it feels more like September than July. Get ready, she said, because next week is going to feel more like October than like August. So much for any thoughts about buying an air-conditioner...

13 comments:

  1. Un grand château construit de bric et de broc.
    I like the stitched panoramic view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I need to post a photo of the main façade, which faces south.

      Delete
    2. I just posted a "new and improved" version of my Crêpiot panorama, after noticing that the first version wasn't stitched together very well. That first one was what Photoshop did automatically. The one you see now in did manually.

      Delete
    3. Yes, it is very good.

      Delete
  2. Get out, you never had any thoughts about buying an air conditioner, and you know it -- ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Un bon ravalement ne serait pas du luxe .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mais comme la personne qui y habite ne veut pas l'ouvrir aux touristes, elle ne touche pas de subventions.

      Delete
  4. Maybe with the cooler weather air conditioners will go on sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s exactly what I was thinking!

      Delete
    2. I just keep thinking about the woman who sold us this house and a few years later moved into an apartment in Tours. She had AC put in at great expense and considerable trouble with the condo association. Then she didn't even need to turn the AC on for the next five years. We had a string of chilly summers back then. Like our current chilly summer.

      Delete
  5. I believe that you, Danielle and I had dinner at this restaurant. I remember it was a very good meal. Walt was in Paris at the tennis tournament.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you and Danielle enjoyed the Crêpiot. I'm afraid my memories of that evening are sort of vague...

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?