09 July 2021

Life is a blur (Chartres)

Why all the blurry photos right now? I'm not sure. At the same time, life is a blur. Time goes so fast. Evelyn and Esta's visit feels like a big blur already. Things I think happened a year or two ago actually happened four or five years ago.

Even the weather is kind of blurry. When it's not raining here in Saint-Aignan, it is threatening to rain. It's also chilly. It feels more like March or April than mid-July.

Anyway, here are some blurry photos I took inside Chartres cathedral, two hours north of Saint-Aignan by car, in 2006. That was the last time I was there. By the way, there is serious talk of a fourth Covid wave, borders being re-closed, and a new lockdown in France...

  
  
  

11 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. Time goes so fast, it’s a blurr. In some cases, as in photo #2, it’s flou artistique. In other cases, as in photos # 3, 5 and 6. it is UFOs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blurry or not, they’re lovely. I haven’t been to Chartres for about 12 years, must fix that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been 15 years for me. A two-hour trip... isn't that ridiculous?

      Delete
  3. I needed to see this today. I'm feeling trip withdrawal and missing France. It's a blessing to have your blog to give us so many years of France and sometimes North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks E. I really enjoyed our visit. Is you jet lag over?

      Delete
    2. Jet lag continues. I went to bed at 7 last night and slept until 5. Traveling at my age is tiring, but worth it.

      Delete
  4. My favorite is #2. With the blurr, it looks so modern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember a summer trip to France, in July, around 2004 (I think?), when it was just rainy and cold the whole time. I was in Paris, doing a two-week stage for French teachers, and none of us had the needed warm clothes for excursions. It felt like it was in the 50s (F)!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?