14 November 2019

Mud, vines, and cameras

It rained really hard overnight. Again. Wind and rain. I'll be going out with Tasha in a few minutes. Then I'll see what's going on out there. Yesterday Walt mentioned that he had talked to the work crew that has set up their chantier just outside our back gate.


They told him the would grade the area and smooth it all out before leaving. Here's what they did day before yesterday. They tied their red-and-white tape to our back gate post. I'm still not sure what they'll do with that pile of gravel.


When I went out with Tasha that day, she heard some activity in the vineyard and perked up her ears. I don't know what it was. I was trying to keep her out of the mud. I took both the photos above with the Sony RX100 camera.


Above is a photo I took a week ago in the vineyard north of our house with one of my Panasonic cameras, a Lumix TZ18 (called the ZS8 in North America). I bought it used years ago, and I still think it takes very good photos. So I'm keeping it.

6 comments:

  1. Both are nice cameras when you look at the pictures... the hair on Tasha shows that!
    They both seem to capture natural looking pictures, too... important for me.
    Yesterday's post was really nice too... your Guelder Rose is showing the true autumnal Viburnum colours... and again very sharp... probably down to the Sony manufactured sensor.

    In reality, true Macro is 1:1 on the image captor/sensor... which always seems to differ from camera to camera!
    The big Pentax SLR that I have is full-frame... ie: old 35mm size and shares its sensor with the Sony FF range... wow, is it sharp. Sony have put a lot of research into sensor quality and now, a lot of camera ranges use their technology... in fact, some of the best camera-phones use the sensor they designed for the Experia series... which is tiny, but fabulous.
    On my big camera I can now get closer than 1:1 on my 100mm Macro lens, with a couple of clip-on Japanese designed and manufactured lenses 2:1 and 4:1... and I have just learnt that the two lenses can be screwed together for 6:1... what??
    That, unfortunately, is a combination that I will not be able to use outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The captor/sensor is much bigger on the Sony RX100 than the captors on my Panasonic cameras. That's why I decided to buy it.

      Delete
    2. Your PanikSonic is, however, another Sony sensor machine... which is probably why you like it!!

      Delete
  2. I like the last rays of sunlight streaming across the vines in the last photo. That's as technical as I can get, lol. My camera is my phone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the contrast of the dark moody skies and the golden leaves/vines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dark rain clouds were moving in from the south that afternoon.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?