10 August 2021

Môlay, pop. 92

I've been googling around this morning to see if I might find any information about the history of the village of Môlay.
It's in the Yonne département of Burgundy, and we stayed there for three nights in 2014. There seems to be absolutely no historical information about the village. It was a nice quiet place to stay and a good place for walks with the dog. Chablis, Tonnerre, and Noyers-sur-Serein are nearby. The architecture of Môlay is pretty austere or even severe, I'd say.

     2

     4

I read on a couple of web sites that there are about 75 logements (housing units) in Môlay and more than a third of them are résidences secondaires (vacation or weekend houses). I found one house for sale in the village right now.
It's a two-story, three-bedroom house with about 800 sq. ft. of living space and no yard or garden.
It's available for 40,000 euros (about 50,000 USD).

6 comments:

  1. I couldn’t find a connection with the famous Jacques de Molay last Grand Master of the Knights Templlar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a town called Molay, sans circonflexe, in the Haute-Saône.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Ken, you shouldn’t post real estate links, I will get nothing done today! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That could be a cute little house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. Very quiet village, just 10 or 12 miles from Tonnerre or Chablis, which are larger towns with more shopping and other amenities.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?