10 April 2021

Au Haras du Pin : couleur et mouvement

Looking at the timestamps on my photos, and at the clock in pictures of the château, I think I've figured out that the Thursday afternoon show at the Haras du Pin in lower Normandy lasted about three hours. Every minute of it was enjoyable, even when big raindrops started hitting us and the horses. I guess I don't have a lot to say about it, but I do want to share the photos. It was exciting to be so close to such big, impressive animals.







I warn you; I have a lot of pictures of horses and buggies — more than 200. Don't worry. I won't post them all. Just for the record, my camera that day was a Panasonic Lumix ZS1. I still have it but it doesn't get much use these days.

8 comments:

  1. A picture is worth a thousand words. And they are excellent. too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After looking at these photos, I got the old Lumix ZS1 out of the drawer where I had stashed it a few years ago, put in an SD card and a battery, and set the camera's clock. I'm going to take some photos with it today.

      Delete
    2. All the photos I took with my Lumix were excellent, if I have to say so myself. And the camera was so easy to use.

      Delete
    3. The American Lumix ZS1 that I was using in 2011, at Valençay and at the Haras du Pin, was the same model as the camera called the Lumix TZ6 in other markets, including France, I believe. The camera we both liked so much was the TZ3.

      Delete
  2. I'm also using the old Lumix and I still like it a lot...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures of beautiful horses are welcome anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was magic in the air that day along with a few rain drops.





    ReplyDelete
  5. The miniature pony is adorable! Don't know that I've eer seen one in person.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?