We had a fairly hot day yesterday, and we had some back in May too. But here's the reality about our weather here in Saint-Aignan. We seem to be having one of those co-called "Loire Valley summers."
- The average daily high temperature in the first part of June is 68ºF. By the end of June and in early July, the average high is up to 75.
- This year, we had 20 days in June when the high temperature didn't break 75, and on 12 of those days the high was 70 or lower.
- The average morning low temperature in early June is 50ºF. By late June and early July, the morning low averages out to 55.
- This year, we had 18 mornings in June when the low temperature was below 50. There were two mornings when the temperature was in the mid-30sF.
- We had only 3 mornings in June when the low temperature was above 60. There were very few mornings when we could go out without putting on long pants and a jacket.
Temperatures on French maps are in centigrade. See the chart on the sidebar for F equivalents.
Predictions for Saint-Aignan today are temperatures in in the upper 80s. But tomorrow's high is predicted to be around 75º, with showers. We've had very few days so far when the weather has discouraged us from baking things like bread or gratins (casseroles) in a hot oven.