12 July 2024

Paysages et animaux dans la Brenne

We had a humdinger of a rain event last night. Luckily, it didn't last long. The rain gauge has 14 millimeters of water in it this morning. That's over half an inch, and it fell in about 15 minutes. I was up in the dark closing windows, and by the time I finished the rain stopped. The good news is that there's no sign of any damage. The roof didn't leak, in other words. I wonder if it rained like that down in the Brenne. Here are some photos from May 2006 and July 2011.



5 comments:

  1. Yes, I was watching the rain radar.... Loches had a very heavy fall early in the evening, the EPHAD where my wife is also had one around 8pm and a huge one passed across the lower half of the Brenne at around the same time.
    Why was I so intent? Because I had planted young lettuces out and was imagining them being hammered flat into the mud... but we were between the group that passed across upper Indre-et-Loire and you... and the lower group that passed across lower Vienne, Limousin, etc.
    Dark red was at the centre of the storms... which translates as 100 to 250mm per hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had 50 mm in about 15 minutes, I reckon. I got the windows closed in time so we didn't get flooded.

      Delete
  2. That's a good picture of the water slider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I thought that the bottom left one was a drone, for a minute! :)
    Glad you had a good rainstorm to show you that the roof is well repaired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your roof troubles are a thing of the past! Bravo.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?