14 July 2024

La Brenne, suite et fin

We were invited over to our Blois neighbors' house for apéritifs yesterday evening. The weather was comfortable, though there were a lot of mosquitoes out and biting. Not clouds of them, but still. We haven't had mosquitoes in such numbers on our side of the road, so I don't know where they were coming from. When to sun went down, it suddenly felt chilly outside. The party broke up. We were at home by about 9:30. It was all very interesting. Tasha got along fine with the neighbors' dog, Nakara.


This is the last set of photos taken in the Brenne that I'll be posting right now. I wonder if mosquitoes are a plague down there, with all that water. Maybe there are enough fish and frogs in the étangs to keep them down.

I like the reflections on the glassy waters of the Brenne étangs, and I like the bark on those trees above.

6 comments:

  1. Mosquitoes are a real problem here every summer. We have to spray to keep them at bay. They like all that rain you've been having. Surely your summer will be there soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, we don't have very many mosquitoes on our side of the road. I don't know why they were so plentiful at the neighbors'.

      Delete
  2. I like those photos, too. That bark is really interesting.
    I guess last night's party was for ushering in La Fête Nationale, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our village actually had its July 14 celebration, with fireworks, on the 12th of July. Last night, I could hear fireworks going off in the distance. That must have been Saint-Aignan's Bastille Day event.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos, Ken.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?