26 July 2024

Mennetou-sur-Cher: hemmed in or opened up?

Mennetou-sur-Cher, pop. approx. 900), is located not only on the Cher river but also on the Canal de Berry. The canal no longer carries commercial traffic, but is a recreational feature.

The pictures above are some that I took in December 2004. Between the old town of Mennetou and the canal there's what used to be a main road but no longer carries a lot of heavy traffic. A new east-west autoroutewas built just a few miles north about a decade ago and carries truck traffic now.

Mennetou is also on an east-west rail line that connects cities including Nantes, Angers, Tours, Vierzon, Paris, Bourges, and Lyon. This is a photo I took the first time I went there, in October 2000. I'm afraid I haven't been back there since the covid pandemic. I need to go see how much Mennetou has changed over the years.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited about seeing the Olympics starting today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We watched lot of the opening ceremonies last night, and a lo tof the gymnastics this morning.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?