28 July 2024

Maisons de Mennetou-sur-Cher (2)

Before I give you more photos that I've taken in Mennetou-sur-Cher, let me tell you about the interior rear-view mirror (rétroviseur in French). It's fixed! At least for the moment. The man who runs the auto body shop over on the other side of the river ordered the special glue he needed, got it, and stuck the mirror back on. Let's hope it stays stuck for the life of the car.


I know I'll have to give up on the Peugeot, a year 2000 model, someday. But I love the car, and so does Walt. We agree that it's the perfect car for driving around the area, running errands, going to the supermarkets, etc. It looks good, inside and out. I bought it used in August of 2003, when we were just getting settled in Saint-Aignan. It has about 120,000 miles on it now, but it has a diesel engine that should last a long time.

8 comments:

  1. So glad your rear-view window is fixed and thanks for these nice street-view photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My regular mechanic said he couldn't glue the mirror back on; he said I needed to go to a body shop and gave me a recommendation for one nearby. He also said he thought I might need to have the whole windshield replaced. When I talked to the man who runs the body shop, he said he too wasn't sure the mirror could be glued back onto the windshield, but he'd try. I went and talked to our insurance agent Saturday morning and she said there was no insurance policy dealing with the interior rear-view mirror. She said if the windshield itself gets broken, it's covered by my policy 100% (no deductible). It was almost like she was telling me to break the glass and my problem would be solved. Meanwhile, the body shop man succeeded with the glue solution. Thank goodness.

      Delete
  2. Great little houses!
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful store fronts and I always love shutters :) I'm glad you were able to get your rearview mirror glued back on, Ken!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do wish they sold Peugeot in the US. I'm like you and would keep a car as long as it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We drive the Peugeot so little and for short distances, around town, that I really want to keep it running. Over the years I've had to get a new clutch, a new fuel pump, new tires twice, and a new speedometer, but the car will soon be 24 years old so all that is normal maintenance. I'm getting ready to have the timing belt replaced this year, for the third time since 2005. The little Peugeot 206 is a lot more fun to drive and easier to park than the bigger Citroën C4 we have for longer trips like driving up to Blois or over to Tours.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?