27 April 2024

Our village (2)

I won't write much on this post because I've written several long comments on my previous two posts. Go have a look. Here are some more photos of our village that I took when we first arrived here 20 years ago. Things haven't changed much, but several new (small) subdivisions have been built all around the village over the years.


Our neighbor the mayor has two years to go on her second six-year term in that position. I wonder whether she will want to continue. She's a year or so older than I am, and her husband is getting close to 80. They have a vacation home on the coast down near Bordeaux, and I know he wants to go live down there. I wonder what changes a new mayor might make in the village.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Ken! So sorry about yesterday's comment... I was on my eliptical, on my iPad, and made the comment using voice to text... I thought I checked it before hitting send, but, apparently not... what a garbled mess.

    I was saying that, when Betsy and Doug and I came and stayed at the gîte in 2017, that was Saint-Aignan that we walked around in, right (where the market is, and where you ran into Betsy and Doug at the grocery store, etc.)? I know that you actually live in a nearby village of a different name, but I was saying that it just didn't occur to me that there was a commercial part of your village, and that when you refer sometimes to going to the baker or something, in your village, that it's Mareuil, not Saint-Aignan... and, I wish I had paid attention to seeing whatever the commercial part of Mareuil is, whenever we were driving to your house, for example.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it, Judy. Actually, our house is 2 miles from the middle of Saint-Aignan (yes, where I ran into Betsy and Doug at the grocer store) and also 2 miles from the center of Mareuil, in the opposite direction. So we can go to either one with equal ease. It's easier to park in Mareuil, and the baker's bread down there is excellent.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?