20 May 2024

Roasted bell peppers again



I made another batch of air-frye roasted bell peppers over the weekend. Walt bought the peppers at the supermarket. There are red ones and yellow ones. I just wanted to show you how they fit in the air fryer, which the product specs say has a capacity of five liters. After the peppers have collapsed and started getting slightly charred, the skin peels right off. Then the peppers have to be cut open and all the seeds and need to be removed. Save the juice they release and pour it over the peeled and seeded peppers. Follow this link to read an old post I did about the process.

5 comments:

  1. Ken, you can get a rather nifty silicon air fryer "pot" that fits inside the metal one....
    It has two little handles to lift it out with... I bought them because our airfryer just has trays.
    They keep all the juices inside the "pot", ready to pour over the food!!
    Just choose the one that fits closest inside your metal basket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our air fryer has a rack inside the drawer on which you put the foods to be cooked. It doesn't have a basket. The rack and the drawer have a non-stick coating. It's really easy to clean.

      Delete
  2. I buy lots of red bell peppers, and put them in many dishes, but I never roast them like this. I should start.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very good roasted, peeled and seeded this way.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?