02 May 2024

Sage on the garden path

Sage in French is la sauge. This plant grows on the edge of our back-yard path. It was growing there when we came to live in Saint-Aignan more than 20 years ago. I wish it was flowering right now the way it was when I took these photos on a day in May 2005.


It rained all day yesterday. It wasn't a hard rain, but it was steady and lasting. We've had above-average rainfall nearly every month since September 2023, according to the French weather and climate web site I follow to stay aware of such things.

All this reminds me of a summer a dozen or so years ago when it rained constantly. CHM was in Paris. Back then, I would call him a couple of times a week just to chat. (He wasn't yet as deaf as he was to become a few years later.) I'd call him and say: Bonjour Charles-Henry. Est-ce qu'il pleut à Paris ce matin ? Non, he would say. Pas encore !. And we would both laugh comme des enfants.

What ever happened to the drought here in France? Accuweather is forecasting a hot dry summer for 2024 in North America. I wonder if our summer in Western Europe will be like that. I hope not, actually.

2 comments:

  1. I like pops of pale purple color in the yard, especially if there is also some yellow around :)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully some flowers will arrive soon. The colors are lovely on this sage.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?