01 May 2024

Our village (5)

I'm being fairly random this morning. Two shots of our village's "skyline". Three shots of yellow wild flowers, including one with an orange-and-black caterpillar on it. And then a cloudy sky over the green Renaudière vineyard. I took these on a sunny August day in 2008.


The weather woman on Télématin this morning spoke for all of us when she said, as she presented today's forecast: Ça continue, et nous en avons ras le bol. Il pleut, il fait froid, et aujourd'hui on va avoir des orages violents !

Today, by the way, is a big holiday.   It's the French Labor Day and there are supposed to be parades and marches all over the country.  Good luck!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that's funny that the weather reporter said that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ras-le-bol- I finally looked that up after seeing it many times! Such a fitting word for weather and politics. Your photos are lovely to look at today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard that one before today! Yes a great expression. of course I hadn't heard orages before either.;=)

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?