11 May 2019

Driving out of the Auvergne and into the Berry

I'm enjoying looking back at some photos I took almost exactly two months ago when we were coming home to the Loir-et-Cher from the Haute-Loire département. I realize now that it felt like spring back then. We were at the end of our one-week getaway in the mountains of the Auvergne and looking forward to starting the year's gardening projects. We're still waiting.



Right now it feels more like winter than springtime outside. We have been having chilly temperatures, strong winds, and cloudy (when not rainy) skies for days. I want to go shopping at the open-air market in Saint-Aignan this morning to get some more asparagus and some strawberries, among other treats, and I probably will end up going. I hope I don't blow away or get soaked.

By the way, the slideshow above runs for just over 1½ minutes at normal speed. I've noticed that when I let the slideshow loop and run a second time, the image quality seems better.

10 comments:

  1. These slideshows are very nice, but one problem is that, in some instances, the photos dont speak for themselves and you have no idea what you're looking at. In this case the adage a picture is worth a thousand words is not true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you really care? I don't know what we're looking at either, except that it's what you see as you drive along the autoroute from Clermont-Ferrand to Saint-Aignan. This is not an encyclopedia. It's a blog.

      Delete
    2. I've thought about putting captions on the photos I use to make slideshows, but it would take too much time. For the ones in this show, I started taking photos when we left Brioude, and the last ones here are of things I saw near Bourges. That was about 2½ hours of driving.

      Delete
    3. I know what you mean, putting captions on each photo would be time consuming. What I meant is that it would be nice to know what are the villages seen along the way which look like they could be interesting.

      Delete
    4. Well, we were just driving through, and that was rewarding enough. Some other time I'd like to explore such places. Mais on ne peut pas tout faire.

      Delete
  2. I saw that there was hail in Dedene's area of the Loire Valley, just the other day. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a brief hail shower yesterday afternoon...

      Delete
  3. The coming of spring is a wonder to behold and I got that feeling from this slideshow. Our weather is cool and rainy too, neverfear better days are in our futures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We thought and hoped that the chilly, windy weather we had while we were in the Auvergne in March might be the last throes of winter, but it wasn't to be. Starting today, after our May winds and hail of the past week, the weather is supposed to improve. I sure hope so.

      Delete
    2. It's sunny in Paris this morning, but the wind is very chilly. Temperatures should slowly improve, let's hope so.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?