15 March 2024

Primrose season at La Renaudière


Every year in late winter a lot of primroses come up in our yard. They are in flower right now. The woman we bought this house from 21 years ago said they weren't wild. She would buy little pots of them for their springtime flowers and when the season was over, she would just take them out of the pots and throw the root ball out into the yard. They started coming back every year. This year, we've had a lot of rain and not many warm days, so the bloom is not as spectacular as it sometimes is.

8 comments:

  1. I've only seen primroses grow wild in France. I love seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, I love seeing these pops of spring color in your yard. We're going to the Botancial Garden for a walk today... it's a great place, one of my favorites in St. Louis. They will have a large amount of many varieties of daffodils in bloom, and soon the tulips will be up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember driving to St. Louis from Champaign-Urbana one day to go see the botanical garden. It was beautiful. I went with my friend Cheryl, who did undergrad studies at Wash U.

      Delete
  3. Lovely. No doubt they are spreading by seed now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to remember my mother calling those Wanda primroses, or at least the purple and yellow ones. And they seem to have been doing some wandering as well!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?