14 March 2024

March 2024 skies over the vineyard


Yesterday I went to the supermarket and spent 145 euros on groceries! We've been working on getting our two freezers emptied out, but now I guess we'll fill them up again. Yesterday's lunch is something I don't think I've ever made before: a stir fry of cauliflower florets, chicken, onion, and cashew nuts. It was delicious and seasoned with soy sauce, yakitori sauce, oyster sauce, and spicy-hot black soy bean paste (pâte de haricots soja pimentés), served with steamed rice — a winner!

Late yesterday afternoon, I took Tasha out for her walk and I didn't have to put a coat on. The high temperature was about 15ºC (about 60ºF). Today's high will be more like 66ºF (19ºC). It's very pleasant and sunny in the afternoon. I hope it doesn't turn hot too fast this year. I think the rains are coming back tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed yesterday and today's nature views. Spring is taking hold here, too. Today, though, we're expecting hail storms. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hail storms! That's about as bad as it gets.

      Delete
    2. You're not expecting those huge (softball sized?) hail like Kansas had are you? I hope not.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful weather for the rest of the week here - in the 70's - so lots of pickleball scheduled for me!!! Your cauliflower stir-fry (?) sounded delicious! That was a Big grocery bill - but with two freezers it must just be a start! I play outside because I love to have the view of the surrounding hills and forests! Your sky shots are why I love the outdoors! Gorgeous! I can't remember...do you have one of those rice cookers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we don't have a rice cooker, but we do have a slow-cooker and now we have an air fryer. I cook rice by soaking a cup of rice for an hour or so and then rinsing it before putting into 1½ cups of boiling water. I turn the heat down to very low and the rice cooks in about 15 minutes. It comes out perfect every time.

      Delete
    2. We have an air fryer also, but I mostly use it for reheating things. I have never made rice your way but will try it soon.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?