12 March 2024

Back to the present

I did something yesterday afternoon that I haven't done in a long time. I took not only Natasha for a walk but also one of my old cameras. You've probably surmised that our weather hasn't been too conducive to taking pictures this month. We've been having a lot of rain. Look how happy my plum tree is about that. It grows on the northwest corner of our yard, and gets full afternoon sun (when there is any).

This is a tree that started out as two saplings. I planted them together back in 2010, I think it was, and they "conjoined" — they grew together into a single tree. I grew the two saplings by planting pits in pots. The pits came from plums that grow over in our Blois neighbors' yard. It's been a while since we've had a bloom as spectacular as this year's. Here's a link to a set of posts about the tree and its springtime blooms and fruit.


Yesterday I wrote about forecasts for another rainy week in the Saint-Aignan area. Well, the rains didn't come yesterday. The sky looked threatening, but no rain fell. And it was relatively warm outside. Tasha and I had a good walk, and so did my camera. The forecast for this morning is... rain. Pluie. Flotte.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so enjoying the settling in of spring!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had some warm weather a few weeks ago and we might be getting some more soon. Meanwhile, there was much disappointment when the warm weather turned chilly and damp again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely have a green thumb! That tree is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tree! Thank goodness for a non rainy day.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glorious blossoms on that tree!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?