31 March 2024

At the market in Montrichard in 2008

A couple of days ago, I mentioned the ferme-auberge (farm inn) a mile from our house. Its owners make and sell goat cheeses at the farm and also at the outdoor markets in Saint-Aignan and Montrichard. Above is a picture of Mme B. her cheese stand, and her farm-made cheeses, with customers waiting to be served.


At the farm they raise goats, rent rooms and gîtes, serve meals, and make goat's milk cheeses in several styles and shapes. There are Sainte-Maure de Touraine logs like the one I bought to have with our Easter dinner today. They also make Selles-sur-Cher disks, Valençay pyramids, and little Chavignol (Sancerre) rounds called crottins. I'll post more photos tomorrow after I've our Easter dinner this morning.



 




Finally, for today, here are some rabbits on sale at the Friday morning Montrichard market. This year I didn't buy a whole rabbit, just a couple of rabbit thighs (cuisses de lapin). That meant I didn't get the rabbit liver, which is good to eat, resembling chicken liver. So I bought a package of cooked gésiers de poulet to put in the rabbit stew instead. More tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. We raised a wild rabbit once- those thighs are powerful as you can see in your last photo! BTW Alabama made it to the Final Four for the first time ever. Kentucky lost in the first round- and your Duke is still alive with a coach that is only 36 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cheese.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?