01 November 2023

Walking, sight-seeing, and taking pictures in Paris

What can I say? Paris is a feast for the eyes. I consider myself very lucky to have lived there for five years between 1974 and 1982, and then to have been able to spend many vacations there from 1988 to 2006. Maybe I'll go back again one day. Meanwhile...



We drove over to Noyers in the little Peugeot runabout yesterday afternoon and got the Citroën back. I drove it home and parked it in the garage for safe-keeping. The Peugeot is parked under the carport out front. Why is that important? It's because we're supposed to have high winds and a good bit of rain starting tonight and lasting for at least 12, maybe 18, hours. Wish us luck.

The worst winds here in Saint-Aignan will start early tomorrow morning and continue through the day. If you don't hear from me, it will be because our fiber optic cable has been cut by a falling tree, or our electricity has gone off.

4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo, glad you have the Citroën back and it's driving like a dream!
    Thanks, as always, for any and every Paris photo, Ken. I love them!
    Fingers crossed for safety and Internet and electricity during the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you keep your powers through the storm. Love your Paris photos. It was 30 degrees here this morning- brr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Power went out just after midnight, and just came back on at 8 a.m. Whew. The wind wasn't as bad as predicted here. I don't yet know about Brittany and Normandy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this storm going to be like the 1999 one?

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?