30 November 2023

The greenhouse...

...is on my mind today. I was poking around in there yesterday and realized that I need to do some greenhouse-keeping before really wintry weather sets in. Actually, we're supposed to have a low temperature of -4ºC tomorrow morning. That's about +25ºF. Brrr. I'll need to think about the best strategy for safeguarding our outdoor plants — where to put them. I've already brought some in. But first I need to think about today's lunch. It'll be stuffed cabbage leaves. I think Julia Child has a good recipe for the stuffing in one of her books.


The photos above are some pictures of the greenhouse, the house, and the back yard that I took in late November 2016. We had just had the greenhouse built a month or two earlier. I'll be interested to see if the temperature in there goes down to freezing tomorrow morning. We haven't had much really cold weather over the past 3 or 4 years.

2 comments:

  1. That greenhouse was such a good idea. We were supposed to get to 27 last night but it didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our AccuWeather forecast now shows +4C instead of -4C for tomorrow morning. That is better.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?