08 November 2023

More Paris pix

On the left, bread art on display. On the right... I'm not sure.

La Nouvelle France was a hameau (hamlet) in what today is the neighborhood called les Grands Boulevards. I used to live very close to there. There was a caserne (barracks) there early on, but it was torn down and rebuilt several times over the centuries. I have to say I don't know where I was standing when I took the picture on the left. The red balloons on the right bear the logo of the Aéroports de Paris.

The blue car on the left above is a Citroën SM, I think. It was a sport version of the DS and had a Maserati engine. The SM was built from 1970 until 1975. On the right is a photo I took during a demonstration. The CGT is the Conféderation Générale du Travail, a union affiliated with the French Communist Party until about 1990.

6 comments:

  1. We had a power blip while I was trying to put together this post. It's something that has been happening regularly but seems to be random. I had to go around the house checking the central heating, the refrigerator and freezer, not to mention the computers, router, and satellite TV. This is more and more annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken, I sent you an email about something I thought would interest you, but it has probably ended its life in your junk folder.... heyho!
    With regard to your blips, get yourself a couple of small UPS units... we now have five... and also, because each blip also has a power surge attached, things like the phone, oven and microwave now have an inline surge protector.... I got very annoyed with the blips and also, here, brownouts!!
    And the car is a Citroën GS.... this is the Pallas version [posh one].... GS and GSAs were produced from '70 to '89...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend of mine in Rouen had a GS in 1972-73. This one looks much larger than that car, which we took a trip from Rouen to Reims once. The car broke down, and we were stranded... French cars never caught on in North America, so my experience with them is limited. I know now that my Peugeot is one of the best cars I've ever owned (WVs, Fords, Subarus , and in SF Walt had a very nice Jeep Cherokee).

      I did get your message about the UPS units. I'm not ready to buy any more equipment right now. I guess I should research UPS units and try one. But since we have half a dozen computers, I wonder if it would be worth it. Maybe one for the router would be a good idea. Otherwise, the fridge and freezer don't seem bothered by the blips.

      Delete
  3. Loving that bread art. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the photo on the upper right could be a doll hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are right. There's a sign in the window that says "Ici nous remplaçons les mauvaises têtes.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?