12 November 2023

Looking at clouds

I took all of these in the space of half an hour one afternoon in November 2007. I was singing the Joni Mitchell song in my head at the time. I don't remember if I got rained on.

The weather sites I track daily have now taken most of the rain out of the forecast for Saint-Aignan today and tomorrow. That doesn't include the French national weather service, Météo-France, which, I'm convinced, predicts bad weather all the time. Then, when the weather turns out to be nice, people are less likely to complain than if they were told to expect sunny weather and it in fact rains. The Météo-France forecast says it will rain all afternoon and into the evening today. I'll let you know how it turns out.

6 comments:

  1. Bon Dimanche. It's cloudy here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bows and flows of angel hair and ice cream castles in the air...I remember what a monster hit that was in 1969 when Judy Collins sang it. With the wonderful harpsichord in the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I knew the Judy Collins version before I really knew who Joni Mitchel was. I also liked the song about the young man from southern Colorado.

      Delete
    2. Ah yes, love that one too! Someday soon, goin with him, someday soon....

      Delete
  3. Well, I don't know if it rained on St Aignan.... but it has been widdlin' it down all afternoon here... and it is still going.... and the daft cat has just gone out in it.... I'll swear he does that so that he gets a toweling down when he comes back in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only rain we got yesterday afternoon was a very fine mist. I went out and walked the dog in it, and it didn't even get us wet.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?