31 October 2023

Paris in April

Or should I say "April in Paris"? When the weather changes from wintry to almost summery in April, thousands and thousands of people take to the streets of the city to stretch their legs, feel the sun on their faces, and sit at sidewalk cafés to enjoy a drink or a salad. That's what it was like when we went to Paris in April 2006. This series of photos are some that I took on a walk from west to east through the heart of the city.  Maybe I should have titled this post "Crowds in Paris".













Waiting out front to get into the Musée d'Orsay






Waiting for a table at a café in St-Germain-des-Prés












Sitting on the edge of the Seine soaking up some sunshine












Climbing on a gigantic sculpture at Les Halles












Strolling, eating, and drinking on the rue Montorgueil












Just sitting on the pavement in front of the Centre Pompidou















Meanwhile, we didn't get the Citroën back yesterday (Monday), and I don't yet know if it will be ready to drive this afternoon (Tuesday). I got a e-mail yesterday from the people who run the garage saying they ordered the parts they need but didn't receive the ones they ordered. They said they'd receive them this morning and get right to work on the car. Tomorrow (Wednesday) is a holiday, and I don't think the garage will be open. We're supposed to have a lot of rain and wind overnight between Wednesday evening and Thursday afternoon. Everything conspires to stress me out. Still, we have the Peugeot so we are not stranded.

5 comments:

  1. I don't mind the crowds. I love the coming of Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the Bar du Marché... by the rue de Buci market, not far from our Pension on rue du Four. It was the first café/bar that I ever went to in Paris... it was with Jane and Aimée one evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was a person in one of these pictures now. They all look wonderful. Since the pandemic I've heard that car parts are a problem everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just got home from the mechanic's and the car was ready for us. It drives like a dream. I'm lucky to get the car back today. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been until Monday, because they close today for the five-day Toussaint weekend.

      Delete
  4. Happy for you, two, and for the citroen! Enjoy the holiday weekend. No more stress, hopefully!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?