10 March 2023

Mars 2006 (9)

The wind howled all night long. It started before we went to bed, and the howling continues at 7:00 a.m. We've had storms before. The worst was at the beginning of March in 2010 (photos below). I hope I don't see damage like what you see in these pictures when the sun comes up and I go out for a walk with Tasha in an hour or so. We'll have to stay away from stands of trees, because we don't want any to fall on us.

Also, there was a spectacular tornado yesterday down in the Creuse département between Aubusson and Guéret, about two hours south of Saint-Aignan. It was accompanied by golfball-size hailstones. There was extensive damage but there were no casualties, they said on the news. Try this link to a video about it. (I believe the Mar. 6 date on the video is a mistake.)

7 comments:

  1. Didn't get a chance to comment yesterday, but I loved those stained-glass windows in yesterday's post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you have been to 2110 already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was able to see the video - pretty remarkable. "The only person injured was a woman who had a roof tile land on her foot." I'm sure that didn't feel good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the 2010 storm when we lost a dozen or more roof tiles. They went flying. One hit our front gate and broke one of the slats (it a PVC gate that was here when we moved in.

      Delete
  4. We had a howler storm last night too. It was kind of hard to sleep, but the rain is nice. -- Chrissoup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got only an inch of rain over the past 3 or 4 days. We need that much rain every week for the next 6 months to make a dent in the drought. On your side, hope you don't have flooding.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?