17 March 2023

Mars 2008 (1)

Flowers like the ones in my photos below come up in our yard in March every year. These are some I photographed on March 1, 2008. When we first came to live here, in 2003, I asked the woman we bought our house from if she knew why so many primroses (primevères in French) came up spontaneously here in spring. She said that for years she bought little pots of primroses in early spring, or received them as gifts. After they finished flowering, she threw the little balls of soil that the plants grew in on the ground on the north side of the house. And then they started coming up every year at the end of winter. Some years, the flowers are spectacular.

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. It's pretty amazing that they will grow wild there. Maybe they need a cold winter but not too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen them in the wild here. I went to France in April once and saw them- je les adore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how pretty!
    Commenting on the comments from your post yesterday... I do find the names of the people who lived in the châteaux interesting (not unlike how I like learning about the people who lived in the Sears houses that I come across). It makes it all more real for me... but, that's always most interesting if it's a matter of someone I have heard about before --ha! (Speaking of all of that, Ken, I sent you an email a few days ago with a link to an interesting 1906-1907 Annuaire des châteaux that I found online.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, glad to know my comment yesterday wasn’t “noise” to you. Just like you I like to make connections between people and châteaux.

      Delete
    2. Judy, I thanked you in a comment on a post yesterday or the day before. Thanks again. I have been too busy to plunge into that on-line document, but I intend to do so.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?