02 March 2023

Mars 2006 (2)

This was Blois on a different kind of day. Actually, it was just three weeks after I took the photos I posted yesterday. A thick fog had rolled in. Friends from California were visiting. We went back to Blois because they wanted to go. Other friends from California had visited for a few days the week before. We had gone to Blois with them too. Our dog Collette had suffered a stroke and died on March 14, at the age of 14. Whew! Busy times. The two years when we had the most houseguests and did the most driving after coming to live here were 2006 and 2011.


I plan to continue posting some of the photos I've taken in Blois over the years in the month of March. Who knows? Walt and I might end up living there one day, after we've finished living in this house outside Saint-Aignan.

2 comments:

  1. You mentioned also Auxerre if you have to leave your house for an apartment?
    Saint-Nicolas, photo #2, is my favorite church in Blois, but the Basilica Notre-Dame de la Trinité, a modern structure on the right of the Cathedral on yesterday’s first photo, is definitely worth a visit because of its simple lines and its magnificent set of modern stained glass windows.
    I never met this church in person, but what I saw on the net made me regret I never went there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you moved to Blois, walking by the river would be nice.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?