07 March 2023

Mars 2006 (6)

Back to Vendôme. March 2006. I started this long series just to show what the winter is like in this part of France. The 2022-23 winter has been excessively dry, according to what the weather people are saying on TV. We didn't have the driest February on record, but it was very close. Most of the last 12 or 15 months in France have been unusually dry. For the end of this week, we're being told to expect rain. I hope it happens. If the drought continues through the spring, I'm going to be reluctant for us to try to have a vegetable garden in 2023. Maybe Walt will overrule me...


This is the église de la Trinité, an abbey church in Vendôme, 30 or 40 minutes north of Blois by car.


The abbey here was founded in the early years of the 11th century. The first abbey church was built a few years later. In the 13th century it was deemed dilapidated. The monks decided to rebuild it. It has been greatly modified over the centuries. You can see other photos of the abbey church and the town in this 2008 post of mine.

2 comments:

  1. I went back to the 2008 photos of Vendome. It is a beautiful town on the way to Chartres- I wish I had stopped there in '21 on the way to Chartres. I hope you are planning a trip somewhere. My wanderlust is stirring here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those gothic buttresses are pretty amazing on the church.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?