08 March 2023

Mars 2006 (7)

« Avec ses ponts et ses pierres moussues, le vieux Vendôme, petite Venise aux charmes secrets, s'ouvre sur le Loir et sa vallée : paysages de coteaux, de prairies, de peupliers, de lavoirs et de saules, Ronsard y naquit et chanta ses paisibles beautés. »

That's how the Michelin green guidebook introduces readers to the town of Vendôme (pop. approx 15,000), giving it two stars out of three. (For comparison, Blois, Tours, and Chinon also get two stars from Michelin.)

6 comments:

  1. The woman in red on the bridge makes me think of Angela Merkel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Que d’eau! Que d’eau! Could have said Patrice de Mac-Mahon, the first president of the French Republic while visiting Vendôme!

      Delete
  2. I also should have said that the bell tower of the abbey of the Trinity makes me think of the one of the church of Saint-Savin-sur-Gartempe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely looking town. I hope you’ll tell us more about it in the coming days.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping to see the canals and here they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The canals are lovely. A couple words in that Michelin guide extract sent me running for a dictionary.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?