14 November 2020

Une promenade virtuelle dans les rues de Paris

Since we can't go there for real right now, I thought I'd post a virtual walk through some of the streets and neighborhoods of Paris. These are in no particular order, but I took them all in April 2002. Many of them show neighborhoods in the 7th and 15th arrondissements, but not all. Maybe you'll recognize some of these places. I just read on the internet that there are some 6,000, or even 6,500, named "streets" in the city, including squares, avenues, boulevards, etc. Don't worry — there are fewer than 20 images in this slideshow, which runs for nearly three minutes.

4 comments:

  1. Paris pics always make me happy. Do you ever catch any of Corey Frye's (A French Frye in Paris) live tours? Today at 4 your time he'll be in Provins (which is distant for him) but he knows so much history & his tours are so enjoyable....there are past tours on video on youtube....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really enjoyed all of your Paris photos. Count me in on staying at Le Muguet. I think I heard about it on the internet. Today I'm hopeful for a vaccine and traveling again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Des rues et un pont. Le Pont des Arts, si je ne m'abuse. I think I recognised some streets but not all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just great!
    I don't think that I have ever been in front of the Folies Bergère building.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?