18 November 2020

Along the Seine in Paris

Walking from west to east along the Seine in central Paris is always a good experience — especially in good weather. In these photos, you see the Louvre museum on the left, the Pont Royal spanning the river, and the Musée d'Orsay on the right. Since I was walking upriver, the Right Bank is on the left and the Left Bank is on the right. The rental apartment we were spending two weeks in was less than half an hour's walk from the Louvre.






In the distance, you see the Île de la Cité, the spires of the Sainte Chapelle and of Notre-Dame cathedral (as well as its massive bell towers). People stroll along the quais and tour boats full of tourists ply the river. This was in early April and might have been the first pleasant day of springtime, since March is often windy and wet.

19 comments:

  1. Great photos. That Louvre rooftop "roofscape" in the first photo is so impressive. It must have wowed people when built. Sainte Chapelle is, I think, one of the best Gothic buildings around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this "roofscape"! If I'm not mistaken it is the top of the Pavillon de Flore at the end of the Galerie du Bord de l'eau.

      Delete
  2. Essaies-tu de me donner le cafard? Lol! Nice and good photos.

    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What happened to your comment aboit the blues? Did you delete it? Ou est-ce une entourloupette de Google?

      Delete
    2. You answered below, my bad!

      Delete
  3. You had a good walk that day and can still enjoy the memory with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken, you’re killing me with these photos and I’m loving every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's obvious that I really love Paris. I really miss being able to go there and walk the streets. Chm, if I'm giving you the blues, maybei it's because I have them too. Evelyn, Judy, BettyAnn — yes yes yes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someday, I would like to go on a 20-day trip to Paris and spend a day in each of the arrondissements, having lunch, seeing the sights, and of course taking pictures. Not to mention enjoying all the memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day in each arrondissement! That's a great idea for a tour. I like the 4th.

      Delete
    2. That's a good idea, but that need to be well prepared because some arrondissements are much bigger than others. And some might be more interesting or have more to offer than others.

      Delete
    3. We could meet at Cafe Marly in the 1st for a coffee, and then get on the tour bus, or Metro. ;-) 18th has Marche aux Puces, so that's a good one.

      Delete
    4. There's no arrondissement that I haven't explored. I have memories relating to all of them. So I'd try to see one a day for 20 days. Maybe I'd have to add a day to devote to Asnières-sur-Seine and Courbevoie, suburbs where I have a lot of memories too.

      Delete
  7. Avoir le cafard, love that expression!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paris is the only big river city I can think of where people's access to the river is so easy and in so many places, not completely cut off by roads and other barriers. Was that part of the Haussmann design, I wonder.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?