28 March 2020

Moving forward

But also looking back. The last time I drove the car or went shopping was two weeks ago today. On Saturday March 14 I bought a lot of groceries over at Intermarché in Noyers. Then yesterday, Walt drove up to SuperU in Saint-Aignan to pick up another load of groceries that I ordered on line. Meanwhile, tonight we'll (finally) be moving our clocks ahead one hour, from winter time (heure d'hiver) to summer time (heure d'été). You take your excitement where you can get it these days.



Here are some close-up photos I took of the primroses in our yard yesterday morning. They come up spontaneously every year. Some of them are a little ragged-looking, but the colors are nice. The slideshow is made up of six images and runs for less than a minute. Soon the grass will have to be mowed and that will be the end of them.

8 comments:

  1. I love your primroses. I wish I had some that would come back every year, but I've never seen that kind here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The primroses obviously thrive in our climate.

      Delete
  2. I still have a few red ones twith yellow edges which come up every year. They are a sign of spring. I didn't realize you had not "sprung ahead" with your time yet. Maybe that's why you seem to have been posting later than usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We changed our clocks early this morning. And the weather has turned cold again.

      Delete
  3. Ahhh, a nice splash of spring color... very enjoyable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to both Diogenes and Ken for the link on the Hugh Jackman "Oklahoma!" stream. I'd known it was out there but hadn't found it. Sent the link on to several friends, so there is now much singing in the land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We watched Oklahoma last night too. Thanks, Diogenes, and Emm for your message.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?