29 September 2024

Life in the Vouvray gîte

It was very pleasant, and I was glad we rented it for two weeks in June 2001,
after staying there for just one week in Oct. 2000.


This was one of the bedrooms — the one Walt and I slept in. It was comfortable. The Vélux skylight window was a good feature. It let hot air out so sleeping was comfortable. The other bedroom had a double bed. I don't even remember how that room was decorated. Cheryl seemed to like it, and so did Charles-Henry after I took her to Paris and I drove him to Vouvray to occupy it for our second week.


The furniture was pretty nice, I thought. And so was the bathroom, which separated the two bedrooms.


As I said before, we cooked meals for ourselves in the gîte's kitchen. That was more economical than eating two meals a day in restaurants. Lunch out; dinner in. One day we bought a leg of lamb (un gigot d'agneau) and roasted it in the oven. We sauteed some new potatoes. It was all very simple, and it was delicious. The leftovers made for good lamb sandwiches over the following days. We had no trouble finding good bread and wine to have with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?