14 September 2024

Into the woods, on the way to town

This is another post about driving to Amboise from Saint-Aignan via Montrichard. I took these photos a long time ago, back when digital cameras were just start to sell. I got my first one in December 1998, and I've had eight or ten of them since. I still have five of them, but I don't take nearly as many pictures today as I did before the Covid19 pandemic rocked the world.


Above, entering the Amboise forest is almost like entering a tunnel.


The sun was starting to break through the fog, and the frozen fog was melting.

Forests like this one are well managed, and there are many of them around the country. Trees are cut down regularly to thin the woods. You often see hunters in the forest during the season.

4 comments:

  1. The first digital cameras were so big, but they were the wave of the future. Now all I want is my phone. There was magic in the air that long ago day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first digital camera was a Christmas gift from Walt and CHM in 1998. It was a Kodak that cost $700 and they pooled their resources, each paying half the price. Over the years, I've bought several cameras for about $200, and I've also bought a couple of used cameras on Ebay for less than that. They've been good buys and I still use them. Walt says I need to get a smartphone, but I haven't got one yet.

      Delete
    2. I forgot how expensive the first cameras were! We got ours in 1998 also. We also got an expensive Sony Beta Max in 1977,

      Delete
  2. The first picture of the Amboise forest is pretty remarkable. It does look like a tunnel.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?