08 January 2024

Video: a Chinon winery (2)

In this video, Nicolas the Chinon vigneron (grape-grower, wine-maker) explains more about the process called vendanges vertes or "green harvesting." He says half the grapes, still far from ripe, will be cut off the vines and left on the ground to rot, providing fertilizer for the remaining grapes and making them healthier and tastier. The clip runs for about six minutes. With any luck, you'll be able to enlarge the video image on your tablet or computer.

4 comments:

  1. This just reminds me of Walt doing the pinching on the tomato plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The proof will be in the pudding. I am mostly for organic farming but don't like to pay more for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm in favor of organic, but there are no strict standards. You never know if the product labeled organic, which is more expensive, is actually organic or not.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?